Connecting Facebook Lead Ads to FunnelBud
Connecting Facebook Lead Ads to FunnelBud is relatively easy, but requires a Zapier account. If you don't have a Zapier account and wish to use FunnelBud's account (at the same cost as a direct account, we will invoice you), please contact support. Read more about setting up Facebook Lead Ads in Facebook here.
Facebook has a number of useful analytics for Lead Ads, however it is very important that in FunnelBud we know where these leads came from. Therefore, you should set up a campaign and a workflow to assign that campaign when contacts complete your lead ad forms. Campaigns cannot be assigned through Zapier directly, so you'll need to use a custom field to trigger the campaign membership.
Before you start, decide how much information/granularity you require from Lead Ads.
- Is it enough to know that the contact came from any Lead Ad? Or,
- Do you need to report on how many leads came from each specific Lead Ads campaign?
- Create your Lead Ads forms. You will need at least one form to be set up before you can continue with the other steps.
- Start by creating a new Custom Field, call it Facebook Lead Ad Campaign (or something else that will make sense to you). This field will contain the Facebook Lead Ad Form ID
- Field Type: Text Input
- Availability: Do not make available in Forms, Emails or Contact Manager
- Create a new Campaign with appropriate tags.
- If you decided to use the same campaign for all lead ads, you'll only need 1 campaign called "Facebook Lead Ads". Otherwise, create a campaign for each lead ad form (or form topic, to save on campaigns)
- Your campaigns don't need any tracking rules and all settings can be left as their default values.
- Next, create a new Visual Workflow. Please watch the video for instructions
Creating/Updating the Visual Workflow
- Map all available contact fields
- Map the Form ID to the custom field you created in FunnelBud.