How to set up email sync:
- Open a new incognito window in your browser
- Log into SharpSpring (email sync can only be configured for the user you are logged in as)
- Email Sync can be configured here
- Once the set up is complete you will see the following icon next to your user profile (link to user settings)
Which emails will be synced?
- Emails will only sync if there is lead already within the system, the email syncing tool will not sync any emails that do not already have contacts in SharpSpring. Email syncing will also only pull historical emails once upon the first email sync connection.
- SharpSpring will only sync the two folders you specify when setting it up - one for incoming and one for outgoing email.
- SharpSpring does not sync internal emails by default - this can be turned off in your Company Profile
- SharpSpring can blacklist emails to prevent them from being synced. You can specify an entire email domain or specific email addresses to be blacklisted under Settings > User Email Settings > Email Blacklist
How often are emails synced?
SharpSpring checks for new emails roughly every 5 minutes.
What data does SharpSpring access within your email account?
- SharpSpring only sees data from your Inbox and Outbox (or whichever two folders you specify for incoming or outgoing emails), it doesn’t scan any other folders.
- SharpSpring will only look at the metadata of emails in these folders, but can only see the content of the email if the contact is in SharpSpring.
What do the error messages mean?
Cannot authenticate to IMAP server: AUTHENTICATE failed
- Either the login name or the password you have entered is incorrect.
Cannot authenticate to IMAP server: [ALERT] Invalid credentials (Failure)
- The error appears to be a way for Google Apps to protect against:
- Robots or automated scripts
- Stopping and halting abnormal bandwidth utilization (upload and download)
- Abusing account activity (such as using Google Apps as a storage space drive)
- Transferring another mail account to Google Apps
- Incorrect password inputs
Cannot authenticate to IMAP server: [ALERT] Please log in via your web browser
- This error may be related to the Less secure apps feature being disabled for the user you are trying to connect via IMAP. To solve the issue, do the following:
- Log in to your Admin Console.
- Log in as the affected user.
- Enable Allow less secure apps to access your account.
The following errors may be due to the server configuration options that you are using. Contact your administrator for more details.
- Cannot authenticate to IMAP server: [AUTHENTICATIONFAILED] Authentication failed
- Cannot authenticate to IMAP server: [AUTHENTICATIONFAILED] Invalid credentials (Failure)
- Cannot authenticate to IMAP server: [CLOSED] IMAP connection broken (authenticate)
- [CLOSED] IMAP connection broken (server response)
Written By: Sam Koekemoer