How to build an Inbound Funnel - step by step
Written by: Yusuf YoungEdited by: ...
What is an Inbound Funnel?
An Inbound Funnel is a targeted buying journey aimed at capturing leads in a specific buying situation, by offering them something of value on a landing page so that they opt in to receive it, and then following up with educational content until they are interested in talking to a sales person.
Read more about it in our 3 Marketing Processes presentation (slides named "How to create a situation based buying journey").
An inbound funnel consists of the following components
- An offer
- A Landing Page with a Form
- A Thank You email
- Nurturing emails
- Qualification mechanism
How to build an inbound funnel step by step
The best order to create your inbound funnel in is the following, in order to not need to skip back to previous components:
- Upload Media Center item (the offer your lead is supposed to download)
- Create Thank You (TY) email with guide link as media center link (this is the email a lead gets with their download immediately upon submitting the form)
- Create your nurturing emails (it's OK to just have Lorum Ipsum text in them for now, you can edit later)
- Create your form and add the TY email to be sent from the form upon submission
- Create Landing Page and add the form, plus the Thank You Page (it is OK if you don't have the full content and design yet or if you just add Lorum Ipsum text - you can add or refine the content later)
- Create a Visual Workflow which will send your emails
Now you have created all the assets, and you can edit and add the content.